Welcome to the ISOS
ISOS has a mission...
Which is the facilitation of a world-wide network of individuals and institutions committed to research and education on occupation and to promoting occupation for health and community development. ISOS describes occupation broadly as the various everyday activities people do as individuals, in families and with communities to occupy time and bring meaning and purpose to life. Occupations include things people need to, want to and are expected to do. ISOS has three main aims:
1. to facilitate international collaboration in research on occupation
2. to facilitate international collaboration in the development and delivery of occupational science / occupation-based curricula at all levels of education
3. to promote occupation for health & community development in policy and practice arenas at local, national and international levels
ISOS will be a virtual society...
- ISOS will develop and maintain a website that will enable communication internationally among people and institutions interested in occupational science research and education, and in promoting occupation for health and community development.
- A five-member Executive, elected by the ISOS members for a term of 3 years, will manage ISOS. The members of the Executive will communicate with each other via teleconferences and email.
- Members of ISOS will login onto the website to access documents and information, and to have discussions and meetings. Membership is open to people and organisations interested in occupational science research and education, and those who support the promotion of occupation for health and community development.